
(Chuck at entrance to Summer Palace)
On my final day in Beijing, I actually had an entire day off to sight see so Alex and I headed to the Summer Palace which was about 1 1/2 hours from the hotel. We walked for several hours, climbing a hill to see the Temple of the Buddha (where we were not allowed to take photos inside)

(Buddha Temple at Summer Palace)
We climbed all the way to the Temple of Incense, which is at the top of the hill and the largest building seen from the grounds below. Walking down, we caught a boat that took us across the lake to views of the Temples and grounds.

(Temple of Incense)
The boat was pretty cool and the views were spectacular. But, it was time to call it a day.

(Dragon boat takes people across the lake at the Summer Palace)

(The Summer Palace)
Once back on land, we headed out to find a taxi to take us to the MPC for our final goodbyes, then dinner before packing for the 6am trip to the airport. The next morning, the taxi dropped me off at the wrong terminal so I had to take a bus to the correct one. But...Olympic folks herded everyone through customs and to our gates with no trouble at all, despite very long lines. I even managed to buy some Cuban cigars at the Duty Free shop in the airport.
Next stop...Tokyo for little of rest and relaxation with Nashville staffer Mark Humphrey!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment